Your Body. Your Birth. Your Choice
This series is based on the principles of Respectful Maternity Care. We aim to provide you with the knowledge to achieve respectful maternity care through supporting your capacity to make informed decisions. While we cannot guarantee you will have the pregnancy you plan, we can help you maximise your capacity to be a key informant in your care.
Your maternity care – It’s your decision
- The birth of a child is a time of new beginnings, of fresh hopes and new dreams, of change and opportunity. It is a time when the experiences we have can shape our lives and those of our babies and families forever. You a right to reliable information to make informed decisions on your preferred maternity care.
Your Right to Respectful Maternity Care
- It is an approach focusing on factors that support your health and well-being. Respectful Maternity Care is not only a crucial component of quality of care; it is a human right.
From Fear to Empowerment
- Fear is the enemy of the pregnant birthing woman. It stops the essential oxytocin (the love hormone) that you need to birth your baby, to successfully breastfeed, and to transition to parenting.
Being involved – your right to make informed decisions
- Working in partnership with your health professional is about treating you as a competent adult. You are involved with solving concerns, making decisions and implementing care that benefits your ongoing health and well-being.
The right maternity care for you
- It is the right amount of car, offered at the right time, and delivered in a manner that respects, protects, and promotes your human rights.
Right Birth – Your Choice Workbook
The workbook provides in depth information, additional resources and reflective exercises to help you achieve the maternity care your need and want.