Maternal Health Matters is a group of committed people bound together by a common goal: to ensure all women receive respectful maternity care. That is respect for women’s autonomy, dignity, feelings, choices, and preferences. It is care that delivers better maternal health outcomes and a better maternity care experience.
Maternal Health matters works with communities and governments to improve maternal health outcomes for all women in Australia.
Maternal Health Matters promotes:
- respectful maternity care for all women;
- the social and economic value of optimal maternal health;
- working collaboratively to improve the health and well-being of women and their children;
- maternal health policy and services informed by the social determinants of health and founded on the principles and practices of primary health care; and
- service delivery that is equitable, culturally safe, based on reliable evidence, timely and focused on the needs of the woman.